Monday, February 26, 2007

Lamar Hunt a Great Man!


While in Miami for Super Bowl I had the opportunity to read different news papers. In the Miami SunPost I found an article on Lamar Hunt my Dallas Texas Homeboy. I have always admired Mr. Hunt because he was an Out of the Box thinker. I did not know the contribution he made toward helping Black football players in the League. It seems that there was an unwritten rule about how many Blacks to have on the field at anyone time . In contrast Mr. Hunt rostered and fielded teams based on talent not quotas. The AFL also recruited from all black colleges and gave Blacks more game time and positions to play.

I am happy to have known Lamar Hunt the man who created the Super Bowl , the AFL and judged people on talent not the color of their skins.!

No comments: