Friday, February 16, 2007

What's New !



I was happy to read that DA Crieg Watkins was looking at the DNA policy and willing to give it another look. What I do not understand is why Fred Moss over at SMU thinks the law-and order folks will see this as an attack on the police and prosecutors. The police and prosecutors work with the information given them in a case. If technology is not available or was not used ,what is wrong with simply
doing the test and knowing the truth. The victim should be happy to know if the wrong person is locked up, because that means the Pert. is still out there hurting others. Maybe it is something that I do not know about the criminal justice system ,but I believed for years it was about catching the real criminal not just picking up any one to put in jail. I hope the guilty are jailed and the innocent
set free.

No comments: