Friday, December 11, 2009

Main Stream Media/ Surfing Blogs


I started blogging in 2006 as I recovered from a near death experience.Blogging was fun and it was a way regular people spoke to one another or expressed an opinion in a funny way.Blogging was never meant to replace professional journalist or media outlets. I was very comfortable writing how I felt and not checking for errors because it was a blog, kind of like (pig language).When I become angry about a subject,I often blog on instinct and mess up the English language, it has all been fun. Never new anyone would judge my intellect with a blog. Well I have come to realize that my whole professional career is now being judged by my blogs and how well they are written.

Ms. Jewel P.Ross is kicking me from her grave, she was my Teacher in my accelerated English studies class at Booker T. Washington High,Dr.Rideout is also trying to come back and slap me, my English Professor in college.You see people they did teach me English/grammar/spelling and every other subject I needed to excel.I did learn what they taught. I come from very good genes.

Along my 48 year career ,I used what they taught me, the further up the career ladder I climbed,the less I had to type my own work.I forgot reporters do their own typing,no Secretary. Assistant's really do the work for Administrators and for the past 35 years I had the best.In fact Evelyn Johnson went on to work for Rudy Radmas, now Dallas County and my last Assistant ,is still working for Dallas County Ya Monica Flemmings.Monica is so good all I had to do was tell her what I wanted to said,the message I wanted to convey and when I received the document it was ready for signature. When I prepare professional documents since my retirement I always have them proofed. I'm sure at times I could pay more attention to what I write on a blog, but it was just a blog until DMN started reading mine and copying it into their newspaper and others followed. Tray Garrison knows me and Dear guy he tried to defend me, but the Tray lovers took on the cause , Rod D put it on religious blog page, and some one on there called me a Democrat. he of all people call me illiterate-wacko, I might be wacko but far from illiterate. I am not a professional journalist and if they want to reprint my blogs they should proof them. The DMN wants so bad to make me look bad,but how can they? I am 68 years old,born in Dallas ,lived here all my life until I spent a few years working in East Texas, everyone here knows me, my work and professional ability.Editorial Board personnel go and come.The old timers are all gone this new crew thinks a little different.In the past people in positions were all afraid of the Editorial Board, I didn't even know why.It took County Judge Lee Jackson at the time, to inform me of the importance of the Editorial Board in Dallas.I still didn't have sense to be afraid or care about what the Editorial Board though about me.I had never been invited nor spoken to them,didn't know they were talking about me to other people.However I quickly found out about the Editorial Board when they came gunning for me after Mayor Miller was no longer in office.Mayor Miller was one of them(journalist) so they new she was not afraid of them,however the New Mayor came into office with the Editorial Board being the opinion of choice.
The ED got me back with the DHA ouster,City Council race and a few other things ,God is good I am still not afraid of the "Palin" group ,maybe I should be.I never will unless they are put over the Texas retirement system and Social Security or take over distribution of Judge Judy and Judge Mathis shows.

No comments: